Water resource management is the key area we all should focus on now. Migration from rural area to urban area is surging up because of agriculture based livelihoods falling down. Water is the main reason for it. The Seasonal rainfall is failing every year and we have exploited ground water too, People are vacating villages as they don’t have water to drink or do farming.
SEA Movement’s approach to conserving water focuses on –
- Mapping of water resources and their usage;
- Motivating the communities to adopt water conservation practices, such as rainwater harvesting;
- Encouraging farmers to grow crops which require less water;
- Introducing efficient micro irrigation methods and mulching technique to farmers;
- Creating Farm ponds with the help of Government schemes;
- Pond renovation and connecting the cluster of Ponds.